"Personal Information" is information that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a person. Your Personal Information is considered confidential and private to you.
You may be asked to provide your Personal Information when you create a Copy account or anytime you are in contact with us.
Examples of Collected Personal Information
- By creating / updating an account with Copy, you may provide us with Personal Information including but not limited to your name, picture, email addresses, usernames, passwords, phone numbers, postal addresses and location information. We may also collect certain preference and demographic information from you.
- By importing data into Copy from other products and services, you may provide us with Personal Information, for example contacts and calendar information from your email provider or social networking service.
- By sending, receiving and sharing content through Copy with other people, you may provide us with other people’s Personal Information (such as email addresses). For example, you may provide us with other people’s Personal Information when sending or sharing files or recommending Copy. Likewise, other people may provide us with Personal Information about you (such as email addresses) in a similar manner.
- By visiting other websites that may have placed Personal Information in your URL prior to coming to our website, which we have no control over, you may provide us with Personal Information.
- We will not sell your Personal Information to others; however, we share your Personal Information with third parties who assist Barracuda Networks in marketing, providing or enhancing Copy, and for no other purpose.
- We may use Personal Information to send you announcements related to our products and services, and to personalize and better understand your use of the service. You can opt out of receiving these communications from us by updating your account settings to unsubscribe from these communications.
- We may use Personal Information to help us develop, deliver and improve our products and services. This includes use for internal purposes such as auditing or research and analysis of our products, services and communications.
- We may occasionally use Personal Information to send you important notices such as software updates or notices related to your purchases and billing status, changes to our policies, or changes to our products or services. Because this information is critical in nature, you may not be able to opt out of receiving these notices.
- We may use Personal Information to administer any special program you may have voluntarily entered into, such as a sweepstake, contest or promotion.
- We may also combine your Personal Information with other information to provide and improve Copy, our content, and advertising.
- We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere in Copy according to your preferences. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want others to know about you.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” is information that does not permit identification of any specific person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information (which does not include your Private Data Files).
Here Are Some Examples of Non-Personal Information We Collect and How We May Use It:
- We collect Non-Personal Information, including but not limited to employer, occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser and Device type, mobile network provider/carrier, websites visited before and after ours, search terms used, location, and the time zone where Copy is used. Unless otherwise specified by local law, we consider Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers to be Non-Personal Information. We record this information in log files and use this type of information to better manage Copy usage and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We collect information related to activity usage, performance metrics and configuration settings on our website and from our products and services. This information is aggregated and used primarily to help us improve our website, products and services. Aggregated data is considered Non-Personal information and is not used to identify a person.
- We also may use internal and third party analytic systems to analyze trends with Non-Personal Information.
We collect and store the files you use within Copy, including files you upload, download, access, send, share, or email. We may associate all or part of any file you use with Copy with part or all of other files used with Copy by you or others for the purpose of eliminating unnecessary duplicate storage.
We may access your uploaded file information (file extensions, sizes, thumbnails, modified dates, etc.) for the purpose of providing system maintenance, management, and technical support.
We may process any information we collect in the country where it was collected as well as in other countries.
Technology Used to Collect Information
To collect information, we use various technologies, such as “cookies”, pixel tags and web beacons on our website, in Copy, and in email messages and advertisements. These technologies help improve the user experience – for example by keeping a user logged in and remembering their username or other information between sessions.
Third Party Disclosures
Service providers working with Copy
At times we may make certain Personal Information available to strategic partners and service providers that work with us to provide our services, or that help us market Copy. For example, we use third parties to process credit card information for orders in accordance with PCI compliance security guidelines.
Legal requirements and policy enforcement
It may be necessary – due to law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence - for us to disclose your Personal Information, Non-Personal Information, and Private Data Files.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to ensure compliance with our service terms, or to protect our operations or other users.
In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale or change of ownership we may transfer any and all information, including Personal Information we collect, to the new owner.
Links to external websites
Our websites may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. You should review those policies when visiting third party websites. We are not responsible for linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our users.
It is your responsibility to keep your Copy password private and secure. We strongly recommend against sharing your login and password with others.
We take industry standard precautions through administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Private Data Files against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages that collect any Personal Information. Using an SSL-enabled browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer is required when your Personal Information is transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some features of Copy, such as sending files, sharing folders or posting comments, the Personal Information, Non Personal Information, and Private Data Files you share are visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the information you disclose in this way. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems but cannot guarantee these security measures will prevent third parties from obtaining Personal Information, Non Personal Information and Private Data Files by illegal actions or attacks. Should such an attack occur, we will notify you in accordance with local law and we will supply the appropriate authorities with available information on the third party in the event the attack comes under prosecution.